Cookies: We use cookies to improve your experience on this website. By continuing to browse our website, you are agreeing to use our site cookies. See our cookie policy for more information on cookies and how to manage them.
Privacy: You can see the full details of how we use your data in our Privacy Notice.

0343 658 0355

Please note: You will not be covered for holiday cancellation until your policy start date. Choose today’s date if you want cover as soon as possible.

  Comprehensive Cover

  Competitive Prices

  Extended Cover Available

  Low Excess

Frequently asked questions

Am I covered if I am pregnant?

Yes, cover is included for pregnancy. However it relates solely for complications that arise during the course of the pregnancy because being pregnant is not considered to be a medical condition. This means that only certain circumstances that are caused by complications in a pregnancy are covered. It is really important that you check this cover in the policy wording.

What is a policy Excess?

Most sections of the policy carry an Excess. You have agreed to pay towards a claim under each section of the policy. The amount may vary depending on the level of cover you have chosen. It is applicable per person per section. The Excess will be reduced to NIL if you have used an EHIC (formerly E111) to reduce your medical expenses bill.

What is a Pre-existing Medical Condition?

  1. Any medical condition where You have been prescribed medication, including repeat prescriptions, or received treatment or attended a GP or a specialist as an outpatient or inpatient in the last 2 years or for which You are currently on a waiting list for treatment or investigation; and

  2. Any heart, heart-related or circulatory condition; or any respiratory condition; any stress, anxiety, depression or any other psychological condition or any cancerous condition.

If you have any pre-existing medical conditions please call 01293 855855 to assess if you are eligible to obtain full cover for the condition(s) disclosed.

For more information, please refer to the "Important Conditions Relating To Health" section of the policy wording.

How do I make a claim?

For Claims relating to Policy A - Your Travel Policy

If you need to make a claim, please call 02380 177468 or you can submit a claim online at www,

For Claims Relating to Section B - Optional Gadget Cover Upgrade

Claim forms can be obtained by calling the claims helpline on 01285 626020 or emailing, giving your name and insurance schedule number along with a brief description of your claim.

How many children can I insure on a Family policy?

The maximum number of dependent children under 18 living at home is 4 on a family policy.

What are the Terms and Conditions?

Terms and Conditions are another expression for the Policy Wording. You need to read the Policy Wording carefully because it sets out the cover that you have purchased and also the conditions that you need to meet in order to make a claim.

What are my cancellation rights?

If after reading the policy wording you decide the terms of the insurance contract do not meet your requirements you can, WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE DATE YOU RECEIVED YOUR DOCUMENTS, return it for a full refund. No refunds will be given for policies cancelled outside 14 days.

What Winter Sports are covered?

Provided you have paid the Winter Sports upgrade, and you are under the age of 60, you are covered for: ski equipment, piste closure, avalanche cover, ski hire, ski pack costs up to the limits shown on the summary of cover. Activities covered are:

  • Bob Sleighing
  • Skiing, Big Foot
  • Cross Country Skiing
  • Ski Bobbing
  • Curling
  • Sledging
  • Dog Sledging
  • Snow Boarding
  • Dry Slope Skiing
  • Snow Cat Skiing
  • Heli Skiing
  • Snow Kiting
  • Luging
  • Snow Mobiling
  • Mono-Skiing
  • Snow Shoeing
  • Skiing
  • Tobogganing

What do I do if I need medical assistance when travelling?

If You have a medical emergency, please call 00 44 (0) 2380 644633. These lines are open 24 hours a day.

International Medical Rescue will provide immediate help if you are ill or injured outside your Home Country. They provide a 24-hour emergency service 365 days a year. When contacting them you will need to quote your Policy Number, your name, address and a telephone number.

You must contact the medical emergency assistance team as soon as possible before incurring expenses over £500.

You must retain receipts for medical and additional costs incurred and the excess must be paid by you at the time of treatment.

Note: If you are physically unable to contact the assistance team then you or someone designated by you must contact the team within 48 hours.

Can we travel independently on our Couple/Family travel insurance policy?

Adults over the age of 18 can travel independently, all children must be accompanied by an insured adult.

How often can I travel on an Annual Multi-trip policy?

The policy lasts for the complete 12 months, and you can take as many trips/holidays as you wish during the year. Any individual trip or holiday must not last longer than 31 days. If a trip is for a longer period you will need to purchase a Single Trip policy for that particular trip. Winter Sports cover, Golf and Cruise Cover are available at an additional premium.

What is the difference between Essential, Super and Super Plus cover?

These are the different levels of cover offered under this policy. Essential offers the most basic level of cover with the highest excesses. Super Plus cover provides the widest range of cover and the highest levels of protection for you and requires you to pay the least amount of excess. As a result Super Plus cover is the more expensive choice however ensures that you have the highest protection.

How is my policy delivered?

Your policy can be emailed directly to your email address shortly after being issued. Please note that some internet providers filter our automated e-mails as SPAM so please check your SPAM/junk folder if the e-mail has not been received. If you have any difficulties receiving your policy documents, please call us on 01293 665898.

Do you offer cover for over 65s?

Yes. The maximum age for our policy is 85 for a Single Trip or 79 on an Annual Multi-trip at the commencement of the period of insurance. NOTE that the maximum age to add Winter Sports cover is 60 when you buy the policy.

Do you cover non-UK residents?

No, we can only offer cover to residents of the United Kingdom.

Can I go scuba diving when travelling?

Scuba diving to a depth of 18 metres (within organisers guidlines) is covered. The policy can be upgraded to include scuba diving to a depth of 30 metres for an additional premium.

Can children purchase cover if they are under the age of 18?

Yes, but they must pay the adult premium for their cover and must comply with any airline rules in terms of travelling as a minor. The policy can only be issued by calling Sunmaster on 01293 665898.

What credit/debit cards do you accept?

We accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Visa Electron and Delta.

What happens if my bag is stolen with all my travel documents and money whilst I am travelling?

You must report theft or losses to the police or relevant authority within 24 hours of the event and obtain a written report. These reports are the only proof that the loss/theft did actually occur. Without them the insurer cannot make any payment to you. If you leave luggage and personal items unattended in a public place then we cannot be held responsible for any resultant claim. You should always take reasonable care to look after your property and treat it as if it were not insured. There is no cover for cash or valuables left in an unattended vehicle at any time, even if the vehicle is locked.

When do I need to purchase my travel insurance?

At the time of booking your travel arrangements to make sure that you have cancellation cover in place for that particular trip. If your travel arrangements change then you must call Sunmaster immediately on 01293 665898. You must be able to provide the correct Period of Insurance on your documentation in the event of a claim.

What do I need to take on holiday with me?

Please ensure that you take a copy of your certificate of insurance and a copy of the full policy wording - these documents contain important numbers that you may require whilst travelling.

Am I covered for cancellation?

If you have paid the appropriate premium, you are covered for cancellation of your holiday for the reasons stated in the policy wordings. You may be able to claim (subject to the policy terms and conditions) for any travel or accommodation costs that you have either already paid or are contracted to pay, that you cannot reclaim from the tour operator.

What is an EHIC (formally E111)?

If you intend travelling to European Union (EU) countries, the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, we would advise you to obtain a Form CM1 from your local main Post Office. On returning this, duly completed, to the main Post Office you will be issued with a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which will entitle you to certain free or reduced cost health arrangements in the EU, EEA or Switzerland. (Full details are given in the DSS Leaflet No. SA40).

NB: In the event that you have used the EHIC to effectively reduce the cost or your treatment or medicines; then you will not have to pay an Excess in relation to any medical related claims.

What vaccinations do I need?

You should check with your doctor as soon as possible, your doctor will be best advised to tell you what vaccinations are required, if any.

Can I change my policy?

You can change or upgrade your policy at any time as long as you have not made a claim. Please contact Sunmaster on 01293 665898 for amendments and upgrades.

Which Special Sports & Activities are covered at no additional premium?

Your insurance automatically covers you for the following activities:

Roller skating
Scuba diving (to 18 metres)
Beach games
Snooker, pool and billiards
Cycling,*No Personal Liability cover – no tours
Surfing, *No Personal Liability Cover
Fell walking, rambling and trekking (up to 2,000 metres altitude)
Swimming (in pool or on inland waters or coastal waters within a 12-mile limit from land)
Table tennis
Ice-skating (rink only)
Water Polo
Mountain Biking (excluding competition)
Water-skiing (only on inland waters or coastal waters within a 12-mile limit from land) * No Personal Liability cover
Parascending (towed by boat) *No Personal Liability cover
Windsurfing (only on inland waters or coastal waters within a 12-mile limit from land) * No Personal Liability cover
Racket Ball
Yachting, boating, sailing and rowing (only on inland waters or coastal waters within a 12-mile limit from land) * No Personal Liability cover
Rafting, canoeing and kayaking * No Personal Liability cover

Which Special Sports & Activities are covered with an additional premium?

Table B - Providing you have paid the appropriate premium you will be covered for all activities listed in Table A as well as the following:

Bungee Jump No Personal Accident cover
Hydro Zorbing
Camel/Elephant Riding
Martial Arts (Training only)
Deep Sea Fishing
Motorcycling (over 50cc and under 250 cc - no racing) as a rider or passenger when wearing a helmet provided the rider holds an appropriate motorcycle licence to ride the motorcycle.
Dog Sledging
Rafting, canoeing and kayaking (including white water up to grade 3) * No Personal Liability cover
Go Karting
Safari ( not involving use of firearms)
Hiking (between 2,000 and 4,000 metres altitude)
Scuba Diving (between 18 and 30 metres)
Sea Canoeing
Horse riding (no Polo, Hunting, Jumping or Racing)
Trekking (between 2,000 and 5,000 metres altitude)
Hot Air Ballooning (non-UK organised)
Triathlon – Road Bike

Table C - Providing you have paid the appropriate premium you will be covered for all activities listed in Table A and B as well as the following:

  • Abseiling
  • Paragliding
  • Parasailing
  • Parascending (over land)
  • Rafting, canoeing and kayaking (including white water up to grade 4) * No PL cover
  • Sail boarding
  • Sand boarding
  • Sand yachting
  • Skiing (Dry slope)
  • Snowboarding (Dry slope)
Table D- Providing you have paid the appropriate premium you will be covered for all activities listed in Table A, B and C as well as the following:
  • Animal Riding (other than camel and elephant riding)
  • Canyoning
  • Hand gliding
  • High Diving
  • Horse jumping (no Polo or Hunting)
  • Ice hockey
  • Land yachting
  • Micro lighting * No PL cover
  • Motor rallies
  • Parachuting
  • Rock climbing
  • Rock scrambling
  • Scuba diving (up to 30 metres) is BSAC, PADI, DIWA, SSI or SSA member
  • Show jumping (no Polo or Hunting)
  • Sky diving
  • Triathlon – Ironman
  • Wrestling
  • Work abroad (manual, ground level only, no machinery)

Will this policy cover me if my Trip has been Dynamically Packaged?

Yes, cover is provided irrespective of how your Trip / holiday has been packaged together.